- Medium: Limited Edition Print on Canvas
- Size (Inches H x W): Custom Sizes Available
- Original Painting Size (Inches H x W): 40 x 30
- Product code: GIC-EGLMRNCTH
- Custom sized orders for giclées can be made as well. Please contact us to discuss custom options.
Bald Eagle: Morning Catch
The Pacific north west coast is home to large numbers of Bald Eagles and in some locations they can appear to be the most common bird seen in a day. I have sketched and painted them many times. "Morning Catch" comes from a moment a few years ago near my studio when a cutthroat trout, swimming too close to the surface, was picked up by one of the resident pair of eagles. The mist-shrouded forests, typical of winter days, provide the backdrop and set the mood to this painting while the freshly caught trout add a touch of detail. Layers of feathers on the eagle's back and the scales of bark on Sitka Spruce are both very like shingles on a roof and were an enjoyable exercise in observation to try to depict accurately.
Complimentary shipping is available on giclée orders and applies to the majority of Canadian and US mainland addresses. A gallery representative will confirm with you if your order is eligible.