- Medium: Limited Edition Print on Canvas
- Size (Inches H x W): Custom Sizes Available
- Original Painting Size (Inches H x W): 24 x 36
- Product code: GIC-FLTNGNBRS
- Custom sized orders for giclées can be made as well. Please contact us to discuss custom options.
This scene is taken from my studio window at the head of Lemmens Inlet in Clayoquot Sound near Tofino, B.C. The old seiner is the 'Lions Gate' and is a sister ship to the fish boat that was etched on the five dollar bill, in circulation for decades up to the mid 1990s. It sadly caught fire recently and after 78 years of service it sank near Tofino. Floathouse communities were once a common part of coastal life on the B.C. coast but as the logging and fishing camps become more modernized these old wooden structures are seldom being replaced. My neighbour is repairing these buildings which add a lot of character to the bay. The old rusty roof lines and collection of interesting 'junk' made the image an immediate possibility for a painting.
Complimentary shipping is available on giclée orders and applies to the majority of Canadian and US mainland addresses. A gallery representative will confirm with you if your order is eligible.