- Medium: Limited Edition Print On Canvas
- Size (Inches H x W): See Dropdown Menu
- Original Painting Medium: Acrylic On Canvas
- Original Painting Size (Inches H x W): 56 x 60
- Product code: GIC-OITO
- Custom sized orders for giclées can be made as well. Please contact us to discuss custom options.
Octopus: Into The Open
The coast of B.C. and Alaska is home to the largest octopus in the world, the Pacific Giant Octopus, which can grow tentacles almost 18 feet in length. They are shy creatures and hide most of the day by camouflaging themselves among the rocks and sea weeds below the tide line. Extremely agile hunters, they venture out at night in search of crabs and shrimp. I encountered an octopus on my first check out dive near Victoria, B.C. and was so moved by this intelligent, fluid animal that it started me on a life-long journey of trying to paint the underwater world. I have painted several paintings featuring octopus and generally take artistic license in depicting them red in colour which normally occurs when they are stressed or making an escape. Their red mode is the perfect counterpoint to the dark grays and greens of their surroundings.
Complimentary shipping is available on giclée orders and applies to the majority of Canadian and US mainland addresses. A gallery representative will confirm with you if your order is eligible.