- Medium: Limited Edition Print on Canvas
- Size (Inches H x W): Custom Sizes Are Available
- Original Painting Size (Inches H x W): 22 x 28
- Product code: GIC-STLJAMALD
- Custom sized orders for giclées can be made as well. Please contact us to discuss custom options.
Steller's Jay: Among Alders
Steller’s Jays are British Columbia’s emblem, and are common in the moist forests throughout the Pacific Northwest. When summer comes to an end their raucous calls can be heard among the alders and salmon berry thickets as they come down from the mountains to hang out at lower elevations. I find alder trees with their lichen-covered bark a beautiful subject since they reflect the warm glow of the salmon berry leaves in their light coloured trunks.
Artists For Conservation chose this piece for the cover of the 2012 Art of Conservation Exhibit Book. The annual hardcover "coffee-table" book was published on sustainably forested paper, as a companion to the 5th annual AFC Exhibit.
The artbook, which can be ordered online, features images of all the art on display at the 2012 AFC Festival and virtual show.
Complimentary shipping is available on giclée orders and applies to the majority of Canadian and US mainland addresses. A gallery representative will confirm with you if your order is eligible.