- Medium: Limited Edition Print on Canvas
- Size (Inches H x W): Custom Sizes Are Available
- Original Painting Size (Inches H x W): 36 x 48
- Product code: GIC-THRHMPKLP
- Custom sized orders for giclées can be made as well. Please contact us to discuss custom options.
Three Humpbacks in the Kelp
Humpback Whales were severely hunted until 1968 when the last whaling station at Coal Harbour on the B.C. coast was finally closed. In the last decade their numbers have begun to make a remarkable come back and whale watching tours are now commonly seeing humpbacks in almost all of their former range. They can often be seen in the summer close to shore where they come to the surface covered in kelp. I have never had the good luck to observe them underwater but with a bit of imagination and my love affair with kelp beds I have created what I feel their world below the surface must look like.
Complimentary shipping is available on giclée orders and applies to the majority of Canadian and US mainland addresses. A gallery representative will confirm with you if your order is eligible.